Are there any Delphi developers considering, or who would consider, moving to New Zealand ?

Are there any Delphi developers considering, or who would consider, moving to New Zealand ?

Fancy spending your next Christmas having a BBQ on the beach ?  :)

It's not only a beautiful country but also a great place to live.


I work for one of NZ's largest and most respected IT companies and we have a need for a senior Delphi developer to be based in Auckland.  Initially the role will involve maintaining and enhancing legacy Delphi applications (5/7) but you will be expected to also develop your .Net and mobile skills, among others.

The role is highly autonomous, working directly with clients and some time will be spent on site with travel outside of Auckland being involved.  As a result we need someone who is not only technically proficient but also professional, presentable and articulate.

There are various options for obtaining the right to live and work in NZ, especially for high skilled migrants such as developers who are in high demand here.  I myself am originally from the UK, having moved to NZ in 2005.

If you are interested or know someone who might be, please get in touch.


Please note, this is specifically a local, full-time opportunity.  There is no scope at this time for part-time, remote working, telecommuting etc.

Comments

  1. 15 years ago, I would have jumped to this opportunity. Unfortunately I probably won't qualify for immigration today and on top of that I have a family to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved the other direction, from Australia to Europe. But NZ is a beautiful country, it's well worth someone moving there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tempted, me likey NZ!
    Is accent a barrier?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post on DelphiArmy Jolyon Direnko-Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thomas Mueller Same here.  I'm not sure I could convince my family to move to NZ...  Though I think it'd be terribly exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anthony Frazier I loved NZ when I visited there in the 1990ies. I dreamed of emigrating there since then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It depends on the whole package. If you are interested, please send me a PM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am from , would be eligible for emigration I have 12+ years of experience working on Delphi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year.  To clarify, anybody interested should email me at my google+/gmail with a CV.  I am on leave until Jan 19th (an uncharacteristically long break for me, trying to catch up on some DIY chores) but I will forward any CV's to our department head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jolyon Direnko-Smith
    What is your email address?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment