Dec 31st: Last Chance to Upgrade to XE7 from XE2


Dec 31st: Last Chance to Upgrade to XE7 from XE2

** DO I UPGRADE TO XE7 BEFORE DEC 31? **

Talking strictly upgrading from XE2 PRO > XE7 PRO (not using FireDAC or Mobile Add-On), the upgrade price is $570. The new-user price is $1039 (+82%). 

XE8 is right around the corner and it could be as soon as mid-April 2015 for it's release. 

If I upgrade now for $570, that will ensure that I can get XE8 for $570. Assuming it's the same price. 

If I don't upgrade now, I will need to pay the full price of XE8 for $1039. Assuming it's the same price. 

** Edit 5:12pm GMT-8 **
In other words..
it appears that XE8 will cost me $1140, if I upgrade to XE7 now and then XE8 later.
- it could only cost me $1040 ($100 less), if I wait and purchase XE8 at the new-user price (assuming it's the same cost as XE7)

Weird that it could actually cost me $100 less to wait and pay the new-user price for XE8.
**


I don't suspect I'll be using FMX anytime soon, as my project is 100% VCL and constitutes a significant investment.

However, if there's improvements to the IDE, VCL/RTL, then that's worth the cost to me. 

This $$$ comes literally out of my own pocket. Just trying to make sure I make good decisions.

Comments