Does anyone here use os has tried the Chart ocx component from ComponentOne (formerly 'Olectra Chart`)? It works on the development computer but crashes on the test machine with the message "can't find the entry point of ippsSwapBytes_64u_l_ldx ..." (I discovered that this is a deprecated intel function for converting big endian little endian, have no idea why it's in their code).

Does anyone here use os has tried the Chart ocx component from ComponentOne (formerly 'Olectra Chart`)? It works on the development computer but crashes on the test machine with the message "can't find the entry point of ippsSwapBytes_64u_l_ldx ..." (I discovered that this is a deprecated intel function for converting big endian <> little endian, have no idea why it's in their code).
(using XE7 on a 32 bits program with the 32 bits version of ocx)

I've installed the ocx with the setup, C1 docs says it's the only file needed.

(C1 doesn't officially support Delphi, we're using it because old version worked very well on the old D7 code - it was supported back then)

Comments

  1. We used Olectra Chart at a previous job, but that was in Visual Basic 6 and not myself personally. The colleague seemed to like it and tried to persuade us to also use it in Delphi development. He didn't succeed though we only did a few tests. But I doubt that I can actually help you, because that was more than 5 years ago and with Delphi 7 and 2006 running on Windows XP.
    (So, why am I answering at all?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olectra Chart v. 5 worked nicelly on the former D7 version of our software, so I've purchased the upgrade to v. 8 - it works on the development computer (with conflicts with TImage, but I found a way to workaroud it) with XE7, but it clearly has a serious problem for being registered on the target machine. I did a lot of tests and I'm sure now that the problem is there.

    Does anyone have problems with OCX registering ? (maybe I should begin another thread...) this OCX is not registering, either by Inno Setup or manually with regsvr32, is there another way to register an OCX?

    the OCX developer did some trick with their registering (maybe to control licensing, I don't know), they even have a proprietary registering utility - c1regserver - but it isn't working either.

    the only way to register the OCX is installing the full development suite - 120 MB :) - so there IS a way to register it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment