I read in a old release note

I read in a old release note
"The Win32 SOAP server support generates the older RPC|Encoded style WebServices. If you want a document/literal service or a service of any other WS-I compliant style, you should build your SOAP server using Delphi Prism, which supports the SOAP specifications that are supported by the .NET framework, including WS-I compliant styles."

So what's Rad Studio Soap framework for, since it's not possible to develop Interoperable Web Services?
Would not be time for embarcadero to fully support Soap interoperability?
With C++ Builder, would be possible to write a WS-I compliant soap service with gsoap, but i think that is poor for a product that presents itself as a top-level ide do not cover basic functionalities such this.

Comments

  1. gSoap is a possibility as long as you are developing with C++Builder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote some push functions for EWS (Exchange Web Services) after a lot of fiddling with the Win32 version i tried REM Objects. After some conversation with them i gave up. It simply was not possible (as was agreed by the person i had the conversations with) to have the "parsing" needed compiled into a Delphi exec.

    I ended up writing a DLL using the free VC# and gluing it into my services using CrossTalk. I usually refrain from dynamic libraries and sourcecodeless libraries in services. This service has worked fine for a couple of years, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eldos' SecureBlackBox provides some SOAP support (WS-Security, SOAP-DSig and XMLDSig.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment