Fluent style seems to be rather controversial theme among developers.

Fluent style seems to be rather controversial theme among developers. 

I would like to get some insights from those that consider it really bad, why they do, as well as opinions from other side. 

Obviously I am using fluent style (with interfaces) under some circumstances and my primary reasons are: 
- automatic reference counting that removes need for try..finally blocks
- fluent itself is more readable, especially in longish constructions
- no need for declaring variables and can be used inline additionally improving readability of more complex code

I have included link to SO question that may provide more context for discussion. While I had duh moment and missed accepted solution myself, I am still interested in possibly better ways of achieving goals I asked in my question, even though I don't think Delphi currently offers other solutions.
http://stackoverflow.com/q/28125514/4267244

Comments