I'm using Live bindings in a firemonkey app to do CRUD for some tables in our SQLIte tables. Some of the fields are lookups to lookup tables, like State, Sex, etc, and I have it working where the records show up in a string grid (already joined, and displaying the descriptive names from the lookup tabes).

I'm using Live bindings in a firemonkey app to do CRUD for some tables in our SQLIte tables.   Some of the fields are lookups to lookup tables, like State, Sex,  etc, and I have it working where the records show up in a string grid (already joined, and displaying the descriptive names from the lookup tabes).

I also display the record fields in edit boxes and combo boxes when a record is selected in the string grid, and the live binding code will select the right thing in the "lookup" combo box.   I even succeeded in getting the record updated when I make a change to the edit boxes and select another item in the lookups..

However, some of the fields can be NULL in the main table , but once I select a value in the combos, I can't select NULL again (In case I want to indicate that this field doesn't matter and can be null).   Perhaps intercept the CTL-DEL key on the control and Clear the field in the dataset?   I know some of the controls like Raize and Infopower used to use that keystroke to NULL out the field.

What do you think?

Comments