Off topic but for those running Win7 and recently being challenged you don't have a genuine copy anymore there is a patch available to remove a recent MS patch that has caused this issue. Been scratching my head for a bit to fix this on my Dev VM. Path is here, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777. After running this today I noticed they have pushed the patch out in the auto updates now as well so people might have fixed this already. If you get the genuine software popping up with validation code 0x8004FE21 this is the fix for it.

Off topic but for those running Win7 and recently being challenged you don't have a genuine copy anymore there is a patch available to remove a recent MS patch that has caused this issue.  Been scratching my head for a bit to fix this on my Dev VM. Path is here,  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777.  After running this today I noticed they have pushed the patch out in the auto updates now as well so people might have fixed this already.  If you get the genuine software popping up with validation code 0x8004FE21 this is the fix for it.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3024777

Comments

  1. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers
    no problem, thought others might have the same issue.  I didn't enjoy the options Genuine suggested either firstly fork out for another license or spend time talking on the phone.  Cost me a number of hours trying to sort it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett Wilton that's why I'm grateful, and write a blog as well. So others don't have to spend that much time (:

    I hope you don't mind I posted it to my blog too: for me it is easier to find back stuff there than on G+ (somehow I've not yet found the right Google search criteria for G+ to get the results I get from searching my blog).

    ReplyDelete
  3. No prob, I've found blog posting the best way in the past as well.  As you say much easier to find things.  I need to update my website to a more modern framework as I've got slack on the posting side of things due to my own rolled MVC php based site being slow to enter things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment