On Jan 10th I created a posting in this area requesting assistance with "FD REST MSSQL update not posting". It was a comprehensive [long] post and there have been no comments made to date; so, if I limit my request to the below someone may be able to advise me on how to inspect the delta's content or recommend another course of action. This issues only seems to occur when using MSSQL. Thank you in advance.

On Jan 10th I created a posting in this area requesting assistance with "FD REST MSSQL update not posting". It was a comprehensive [long] post and there have been no comments made to date; so, if I limit my request to the below someone may be able to advise me on how to inspect the delta's content or recommend another course of action. This issues only seems to occur when using MSSQL. Thank you in advance.

I’d love to understand how to inspect the payload in the TFDJSONDeltas [see image] at the client or the server. I can see the name of my key field [ccustno] but I do not understand the rest of the information in the watch tree.

Comments

  1. I did not really understand what you need to trace ... do you want to see the SQL Firedac creates and sends to the MSSQL server? Then this might be a good starting point ...
    http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE7/en/Tracing_and_Monitoring_%28FireDAC%29

    If you want to see any JSON datapackets send via http you might use Fiddler2 in a  proxy configuration (set the proxyport of your socket component to the port fiddler listens on).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your response Roland... I appreciate the link; however, I believe that the problem exists in Datasnap JSON component. I want to see how to see the JSON to see if it is properly delivered. In my original post "FD REST MSSQL update not posting" I have an image of the tree. As I stated the same code works of InterBase but not when I change to MS SQL. My suspicion is that the delta is not being properly prepared in the client. I'll see if the information in the link you gave me can help me debug  the client and then the sever. Thanks again. rb

    ReplyDelete
  3. To see if the transfered data is what you would expect, you could use Fiddler.
    http://www.telerik.com/fiddler
    (Be sure to set the port corresponding to your datasnap setup).
    To find the data transfered into the debugger I guess you would need to go down to the http-stack (Indy http client?), but I am not sure and do not have time at the moment to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried to run the MSSQL profiler while the updates happen to see exactly what Datasnap does to the DB?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Negative - I'll check into it - thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment