This guy is not too big on OOP

This guy is not too big on OOP

Comments

  1. He got some valid points but it's just yet another post of the category "if it's not white, it's black"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefan Glienke  Some valid points, but not all. Seems a good candiate to be using straight C. Good for cowboy programming; not so much for maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill Meyer Every language can be used for cowboy programming. Some just hide it better behind nice syntax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stefan Glienke  Yeah, but C tosses out the seat belts, the doors, and the windshield.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His proposal reads like straight-up C, ala for example libjpeg.

    But I admit I don't really follow him that closely, he seems to use the terms differently from what I'm used to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He preffers C, so long I have read his blog 'Programming Sucks'(!)


    "This time, about my favorite programming language, C. I won't deny that I am a bit of a fanboy / junky when it comes C because it's closest to my ideal language; but as I said before, I hate all programming languages, so I'm going to attack it brutishly!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's futile to argue about which languages are best. Almost all widely used languages are widely used because they have a domain in which they fit. In some domains C is a good choice. In others C++. In others Java or C#. Delphi fits well in some. Python, Ruby have their domains. F# has its place. And so on and so on.

    I do  >95% of my coding in Delphi, but I get the most pleasure from learning new languages, learning new techniques in other languages. And my most enjoyable coding is in Python. There's loads of variety and richness out there. Enjoy diversity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As he says : "I hate all programming languages". 
    Also what was the name for this one? Hater?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment