Delphi Speed Tip: Create Local Variables Inline On The Fly

Comments

  1. Live templates are a very underused yet powerful feature to save a ton of typing (at least I could use them more - I find myself typing stuff way too often) - and the cool thing: you can write your own ones: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE7/en/Creating_Live_Templates

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still getting a kick from Embarcadero's page linking to my article in the Delphi Wiki for "technical refernece". It's just so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gunny - do you want to show this tip during Delphi Week 2015 next week live online? Let Jim McKeeth and I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another easy way for declaring local variables:
    type "LMyForm := TMyForm.Create(Self);" go with the cursor to your variable and press ctrl + shift + v and use the delphi built-in feature refactor declare variable. You will get a form where the type is already filled with TMyForm. With ctrl + shift + d you could declare a field variable instead of a local one, but gexperts overrides this shortcut for me :-\

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment