Has anyone had trouble deploying an XE7 app to the iOS simulator, where the Messages console displays success, the IDE shows a blank error dialog, the app is on the simulator but not started (and if you click it manually, it shows the FMX logo splashscreen, then terminates)?

Has anyone had trouble deploying an XE7 app to the iOS simulator, where the Messages console displays success, the IDE shows a blank error dialog, the app is on the simulator but not started (and if you click it manually, it shows the FMX logo splashscreen, then terminates)?

Symptoms are, well, the above. It's a pretty simple FMX app, using Indy, originally from XE5 but after googling some errors deploying, I realised due to Xcode changes I realised I had to run it using XE7, Xcode 6.1 and iOS Simulator 7.1. I have XE7.0, not update 1, and ditto for the version of PAServer. Building is fine, communication with PAServer is fine, all messages in the Messages pane say success, the simulator starts... and then I get an error dialog in the IDE with no text at all, and a small help window for troubleshooting deploying. (The links it provides are of no use.)

I'm using it with OSX Yosemite and Xcode 6.1.1 with the iOS Simulator 7.1 installed.  In the simulator, the app has the wireframe app icon, not a FMX icon, which may indicate something about the problem.

Last time I tried using an iOS app was with XE6 - this is the first time I've used XE7 to do it. (There have been six months of updates to Xcode and assorted tools since then though.) I have not yet installed XE7.1 simply because of the download size and vast effort and time waste to uninstall and reinstall, neither of which I can spare.

Any ideas?

Comments

  1. I would suggest that you do the following on your PC and update the local cache in the Options / Environment Options / SDK Manager.  Try to test out a test application using the XE7 Master Detail template just to make sure you have the connection between the Windows and Mac.   If you can compile / run that then it is time to look at your code.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the same problem with a blank new MasterDetailApplication app. It deploys (with only success messages in the Build tab), the simulator starts, Delphi shows a blank message dialog and a window with help links 'Troubleshooting: Cannot deploy iOS app to iOS Simulator'. Back in the simulator, the app icon is there, and clicking it opens the FMX splash screen image and then the app immediately terminates.

    One possibility is that the simulator always starts as iPhone 4S / iOS 8.1, whereas I remember reading you needed to test using the simulator for iOS 7.1. (Is that the case?)  I have that installed, and can change it via the Hardware menu on the simulator, but the app doesn't move across with it and next time I click Run in Delphi, the simulator switches back to iOS 8.1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaand, I need this patch: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30008

    I'm sure I already had that installed, but who knows. Adding it again ran the iOS 7.1 simulator instead, and that works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment