Is there a good overview of DUnit vs DUnit2 vs DUnitX?

Is there a good overview of DUnit vs DUnit2 vs DUnitX?

I'm confused about which to recommend. For example, what the status of DUnit2 is, why DUnitX is better than DUnit (I know it's different, but why better? What can you achieve? I've heard criticism that it doesn't actually gain you much), etc.

The reason I ask is that I've always used DUnit, and in fact introduced someone to unit testing recently and they are now also using DUnit, because it's what I recommended. But is it practically, actually, concretely the best choice? Why? Why not? I can't find a good overview of all the options that comprehensively answers this - just articles about each individual one that leaves me feeling a bit like each author likes their choice. That's great, but ultimately unhelpful when forming a judgement for the pros and cons of each contrasted.

Is there a comprehensive overview, something complete enough to allow a reader to judge the qualities of each and choose The One Best Unit Testing Framework?

Arguments about which is best (if reasoned and informed) are welcome in the comments :)

Comments