Is it possible to snap (permanently) Delphi IDE to, say, right edge of a screen?

Comments

  1. In Windows 7 (and I think 8 and 10) you can drag a window's title bar to the right edge, and it will snap to fill up the right half of the screen.  So long as you only resize the left edge it will remain snapped to the right side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same can be achieved with the Windows Key + any Arrow Key. Snap right/left/full screen/minimized

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do it that way. Everything is ok until I hit F9. Am I alone with this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, Piotr Antoniak, the IDE "unsnaps" itself when you run the application. Never saw that before, since I'm always in full screen mode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was not a problem till I started to use a QHD screen. Now I want to use a half of a screen for IDE and a half for docs, etc. But it seems to be impossible :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can solve the unsnapping issue by changing the Debug Layout too. Select it from the dropdown near the menu, arrange the IDE as you wish (including window size / layout, eg dragging it to the side), save it with the button near the dropdown, and hopefully when you next run something under the debugger the IDE will keep itself positioned properly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment