I am having trouble to setup CnPack for Delphi XE2.

I am having trouble to setup CnPack for Delphi XE2.

I am working on a local user account. So I had to install Delphi through an administrator account. CnPack was also installed through that admin account.

Now I open Delphi as a local user and the CnPack Expert is not visible. Starting the IDE as admin, the CnPack plugin will be loaded.

How can I get the CnWizards running for my local user account?

GExperts, besides, works fine for both accounts.

Comments

  1. Thanks. Looks like I am having to run Delphi as an administrator generally to avoid other pitfalls as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik Virtel I do not remember which WinNT user level has debugger privileges, maybe Power User, maybe admins only...
    So local admin grants would definitely be of help.

    Personally I avoid using UAC-protected long space-containing paths. I think your CNW installer needed admin grants exactly due to need to write into Program Files (x86) which could be avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a bit oft work, but I tend to use a specific Delphi instance for every project I have. The pros are that I have only experts and components in the IDE I need for that specific project. Just start "BDS.exe /?" and look for the registry key param. Why do I mention this... You can import the IDE settings of every instance and account into another. If needed, I can give further instructions on Monday. No Sandboxie needed, only regedit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment