Because David Intersimone mentioned the SO survey in the comments of one of the recent polls I was curious and looked for the raw data which is not yet available but will be posted. But I found the results of the 2014 survey (https://www.statwing.com/demos/dev-survey) in which almost 10k people participated. 83 had Delphi selected.


Because David Intersimone mentioned the SO survey in the comments of one of the recent polls I was curious and looked for the raw data which is not yet available but will be posted. But I found the results of the 2014 survey (https://www.statwing.com/demos/dev-survey) in which almost 10k people participated. 83 had Delphi selected.

x-axis: number of respondents
y-axis: age

Comments

  1. So the survey is saying only 83 people out of 10k people surveyed (programmers I assume) responded they use Delphi....0.0083%.  I guess the statistic's could be skewed depending on how many programmers use the SO resource ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett Wilton I guess your math skills just failed hard :) 83 out of 10k are 0.83%.

    Also they are not all developers. From the 2015 survey report:
    "26,086 people from 157 countries participated in our 45-question survey. 6,800 identified as full-stack developers, 1,900 as mobile developers, 1,200 as front-end developers, 2 as farmers, and 12,000 as something else."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how many here took that poll... I didn't :)  Guess I have to make sure I make the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and about those 2015 results... take a look at the change in number of desktop developers over the last three years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stefan Glienke
    LOL, yep failed big time, been up since 2:00am is my only excuse.  Not even two coffee's has helped at all this morning....that poor calc is still making me laugh though, made my day so far...going to be a long day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be sure to pick Farmer in the survey next year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eli M I guess Rudy Velthuis did not participate. Then it would have been 2 farmers and a dentist :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey,

    Make that 2 dentists - I'm a dentist too and I use Delphi for  my in house software needs.  Any more Delphi dentists out there?   We should get together and do some great dental software.  
    Cheers,  Martin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment