Delphi XE8 (with mobile add-on).  Has anyone successfully built an app for the Nexus 9 (sample to confirm it works)?  I'm currently going through the setup of XE8 to try it.  I (maybe) mistakenly installed the 32bit SDK (Android compiler being 32 bit)!?  The Nexus 9 doesn't show up within the Android target platform (yet anyway).   I have the driver, I have developer mode enabled on the tablet, etc.  If anyone has (or even XE7 update 1), is there a link that someone can point me to for help?  If someone at Embarcadaro knows one way or the other that would be nice.  Thanks in advance..  I'm thinking it's still a "no" at this point due to the 32bit XE8 compiler, and the Nexus 9 being 64bit.

Comments

  1. I have the Nexus 7 using XE8, it took me a little time but I was able to get the canned application master-detail to show up on it.  Look at the tools - SDK Manager, make sure that everything can be found. During the XE8 install it always prompts if I want to use a new Android setup which I choose, it stores it in users\public..

    Upon starting it could not find my target device so I deleted the Android SDK; created a new one, pointing to the users\public... directories, it connects and now works.

    I always found this a pain to set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm downloading Android Studio as well.  It says I need Java 7 Development kit to develop for Android 5.0.1.  Once I have all the SDK's synced up, I'll go back to XE8 and configure that.   It certainly isn't intuitive (not necessarily EBT's fault) as I'd like.   I have a slow internet connect (1.5Mbits), so by the time I have everything downloaded, it'll be 5 hours from now.  Thanks for your input Richard Baroniunas

    ReplyDelete
  3. also make sure your android device is set to development USB mode

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment