Hello all

Hello all,

I am a professional developer turned casual who has been using Delphi since 1.0 was given to me by Programmer's Paradise as a pack-in with a purchase of Microsoft Visual Studio.

I loved it, and bought Delphi 3, 5 and 7 Professional and wrote many small time and materials projects with it.  That was more than a decade ago, so I was delighted to discover that Embarcadero had taken up the torch and has kept the VCL alive.

I purchased Delphi XE5 in January 2014, and have happily been upgrading old tools and writing new ones.  At the same time I bought the Mobility Pack and have been working on writing Android and iOS apps as well.

Comments

  1. Welcome!!

     re; Delphi 3  That's about where I started  with Delphi 3. It was amazing for it's time.   :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.  16-bit Delphi 1 had its problems but it made Visual Basic 3.0 look juvenile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! I remember being in uproar over the TPW object model being replaced in Delphi 1.  Change is scary :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment