Hello!
Hello!
I tried to add a new XE8 to the cart (I don't actually have the money now but I was trying to figure out what budget I'll need for that).
So I was looking at the list of things and noticed a couple of things I didn't really quite like: the Update subscription and the Extended Download.
Let's start from the subscription: besides what we already discussed, there is a piece of wording in the "information" that I do not quite like. It says: "All major upgrades (i.e. XE7 to next major release)". Now, this is a bit confusing because it's either all major upgrades or just one. Cannot be both. So, in the face of it there are good chances that they simply wrote it wrong. But they may not have and, indeed, only mean one major upgrade. Does anybody know for sure?
The second thing is possibly even more troubling. This "Extended Download" says (rephrased for brevity): "Our new software frees you from the need of making a backup copy". This is very troubling because, right now, you can download any product you are entitled to from EDN. Does that mean this is NOT going to be the case anymore? If so, this should come with a MASSIVE warning sign on every Embarcadero page. If it is not so, what's the point of that and why is it automatically included? Anybody has a clue?
Kind Regards,
A
I tried to add a new XE8 to the cart (I don't actually have the money now but I was trying to figure out what budget I'll need for that).
So I was looking at the list of things and noticed a couple of things I didn't really quite like: the Update subscription and the Extended Download.
Let's start from the subscription: besides what we already discussed, there is a piece of wording in the "information" that I do not quite like. It says: "All major upgrades (i.e. XE7 to next major release)". Now, this is a bit confusing because it's either all major upgrades or just one. Cannot be both. So, in the face of it there are good chances that they simply wrote it wrong. But they may not have and, indeed, only mean one major upgrade. Does anybody know for sure?
The second thing is possibly even more troubling. This "Extended Download" says (rephrased for brevity): "Our new software frees you from the need of making a backup copy". This is very troubling because, right now, you can download any product you are entitled to from EDN. Does that mean this is NOT going to be the case anymore? If so, this should come with a MASSIVE warning sign on every Embarcadero page. If it is not so, what's the point of that and why is it automatically included? Anybody has a clue?
Kind Regards,
A
Comments
Post a Comment