My apologies if this has already been covered--I cannot seem to find an answer by searching existing forums?

My apologies if this has already been covered--I cannot seem to find an answer by searching existing forums?

Concerning iOS development with Delphi XE5 on Windows 7:

What version of Xcode / iOS SDK has an iOS Simulator that works with Delphi XE5 update 2?

I found some online discussion how an update to Xcode 5.0.2 manages to break XE5 with an error that I was already seing with my attempt to use Xcode 6.2.  I rolled back to Xcode 5.0.2 surmising that if an update was breaking it, then it must have worked at 5.0.2.

My specific error went away, and now the IOS Simulator 7.0.3 will run, but I never get any render--nothing but black screen.  After awhile, Delphi XE5 times out.

My development PC has plenty of juice and is running Windows 7 64-bit.  I have a current model Mac Mini, running Yosemite, with plenty of RAM.

Embarcadero throws their hands up because XE5 is as good as biblical history now.  Thanks for any insights you can offer.

Comments

  1. I don't know. When working on code targeted at XE5 a few weeks ago I ran into a similar problem. I ended up just doing it on XE7, since I had the latest Xcode installed and going backwards on that seemed a lot trickier than going forwards in Delphi...

    But if you find a solution I'll be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction: My Embarcadero sales rep is going to try to hook me up on this--the "throws their hands up" jibe is premature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment