This is interesting...

This is interesting...

How I wish Embarcadero had decided to make at least an OS X version of Delphi a few releases ago. ("Just" a Delphi-lite: code editor, form designer, written in FMX, plus compiler & debugger.) I remember lots of people suggesting it.

Currently it is a code editor (with intellisense etc) but not a visual designer, and debugs node.js only, with more to come. I tried out the code editor only so far, and it's very nice - smooth and slick and faster than VS on Windows.

On a related note, I also wish the ToolsAPI included all the currently internal interfaces so that we could do something like integrate a node.js debugger into the Delphi IDE.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/29/microsoft-releases-free-visual-studio-code-and-visual-studio-2015-rc/
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/29/microsoft-releases-free-visual-studio-code-and-visual-studio-2015-rc

Comments

  1. Kyle Miller  it has a debugger built in and im sure hooks to deploy to everyone's favorite cloud Azure which im my mind does make it an IDE.  Albeit, a fairly limited one.  I'll stick with WebStorm for now but this does look promising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Margerum Web browsers allow debugging, but people don't typically call them IDEs. Not even MS calls it an IDE, so I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very useful for node.js development.  Its syntax highlight and debugger for node are my best choice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment