Error reading TGestureStreamData.Control: Access violoation address 500D4E00 in module 'rtl220.bpl'. Read of address 00000008

Error reading TGestureStreamData.Control: Access violoation address 500D4E00 in module 'rtl220.bpl'. Read of address 00000008

I get this when I am attempting to assign actions to gestures in RadStudio XE8.  

Steps:
1) Create new Multidevice application (Header/Footer with navigation)
2) Build and deploy application to android device and to Win32 without errors.
3) Drop a TGestureManager component on the main form
4) Assign Touch.GestureManager on the main form
5) Attempt to assign Touch.Gestures.Standard.Left to PreviousTabAction1
6) Receive access violation above

After this i can no longer save the project until I unassign the .Left gesture (receiving the same access violation at each click).  NOTE: It does the same thing for any gesture I try to assign.

Am I missing something relatively obvious or is this broken?

Comments

  1. Update: This same procedure works fine win32 VCL and with a new blank Firemonkey app in Win32 and Android

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have encountered the excact same error, though in Appmethod 1.15 (XE7). A little challenging building the application from blank...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having exactly the same problem.
    What I did was opening the sample project that came with Delphi, opened the form as text, copied the Gesture Manager, reopened my project, opened the form as text and pasted it inside the Gesture Manager text.
    After that, all worked fine.
    It seems to be a design time property editor problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rafael Ribas Aguiló Thank you, it really works for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same problem, but i found some different solution...
    1. Drop a TGestureManager component on the main form
    2. Save and close project
    3. Reopen project and it's works fine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this problem in Delphi 10 Seattle, I try your solution won't work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same problem in C++ 10.1

    ReplyDelete
  8. You probably still have the View on Master instead of the intended device.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Rafael Ribas Aguiló, sorted :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment