Oh and before I forget: there's something else, too, that I'd like to see happening.

Oh and before I forget: there's something else, too, that I'd like to see happening.

Specifically, it's a programming contest.

The subject would be: Delphi and Hadoop.

The idea behind this would be to have people install and use hadoop with Delphi for interesting Big Data scenarios.

Advantages:

1) It would give EMB ideas on how to interact with Big Data stores
2) It would show to developers how to do it
3) Especially with XE8 and mobile, it'd give us massive opportunities

Also, we really need a generic Dataset interface to NoSQL databases.
I do understand that generalizing these is a lot more difficult, but I think it's essential going forward. I am not a fan of NoSQL to be honest, but I do think they have their place and I also think it's short-sighted that Delphi does not have a generic interface for that.

A

Comments