Report Printer Pro - RAVE question, using the latest 11.0.10

Report Printer Pro - RAVE question, using the latest 11.0.10

Unfortunately I still have a few reports using these components.  I'll be switching it out for the next release of my app, trying to get the current release out!  

In the mean time, any time I try printing the contents of a "BlobType" of ftMemo, I'm getting Chinese characters (want English, what it was entered as).   The database character encoding is UTF-8 (from Firebird 2.0.6 database).  The content displays fine in a memo control.   I haven't found any settings/properties on the components to set up the code page, or the like. 

Here's a snippet of code:

 Memobuf := TDBMemobuf.Create;
 Memobuf.PrintStart := TabStart(1);
 Memobuf.PrintEnd := TabEnd(1);
 Memobuf.Field := (qryJONotes.FindField('COMEMO') as TMemoField);
 MemoBuf.BaseReport := ReportPrinter;
 lines := memolines(memobuf);
 SetTab(0.75, pjLeft, 7, 5, BOXLINELEFTRIGHT, 0);
 PrintTab(getmemoline(Memobuf, EOL));


Thanks,
Curt

Comments

  1. Found a simple fix until I can remove this report engine.   I didn't feel like modifying the component set, so I did it from my app.  Fortunately there was a way to set the text of the "memBuf".  

    function MemoToStr(Afield: TField): string;
    begin
      if not(Afield.IsNull) then
        Result := Afield.value
      else Result := '';
    end;

     Text := MemoToStr(qryJONotes.FindField('COMEMO'));

          Memobuf.Text := Text;
          Memobuf.PrintStart := TabStart(0);
          Memobuf.PrintEnd := TabEnd(1);

    The rest of the code to print the report.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment