This will likely be the first in a series of questions as I migrate a D5 desktop app to an XE8 based desktop app.

This will likely be the first in a series of questions as I migrate a D5 desktop app to an XE8 based desktop app.

I downloaded and installed the trial last week and I'm a sucker for the themes. But that is not what this first question is about.

My current app makes use of Alternate Data Streams and I've made the decision that this is not adequate for further development for a number of reasons. So my intent is to move to a database based app. I'm at a point where I need to consider my options and there are several factors that will drive my needs and decision.

1) I'm not a DB expert by any stretch of the imagination.

2) I intend to go with just XE8 Professional

3) I'm looking for a DB that would work easily (Ha!) for a single user desktop, a small office networking group, and a multi-site/multi-office type of environment.

4) Possible future migration to "the cloud" or an SAS  based product.

What would your suggestions be?

Many thanks

Comments