Who remembers these?


Who remembers these?

Comments

  1. I've never seen those before. I'm curious though - they were Windows bitmapped fonts?  Early TTF?  For use with what product...?

    If you can still read the disks and open the fonts, could you perhaps add a screenshot of Font Viewer showing what they look like please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was perhaps for Sprint, the Borland word processor (not wysiwyg, published in  1987) ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were issued with an early Delphi - 2? 3?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now somewhere I have some old boxes with 3.5 drives, so just maybe .....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must have been earlier. Or Delphi 4 which I didn't bought. But have all originals for Delphi 1 and upwards, all on CD. So I guess TP 2 is more correct.
    Or as said above, with a word processor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I have ever seen them. And as a Sprint user, my guess would be Delphi 4, which I wisely skipped. I did have D1, D2, D3, and D5, so it was none of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From what I can remember these can be used with software that supported TTF which means Paradox, Turbo Pascal, etc.

    What I also remember is that the fonts needed to be installed on a machine so if you sold an application working with the fonts they had to be part of the package.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've them somewhere. I think they're the the ones used in the manuals. Turbo Pascal and Borland C era.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They were definitely shipped with Delphi. Maybe 4 then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The disks say 1992 on them... so Turbo Pascal for Windows (was that around in '92 yet?), and/or possibly a DOS product?

    ReplyDelete
  11. David Millington​​ That was turbo/borland Pascal 7 era which I think was inbetween turbo pascal for windows 1.0 and 1.5. edit: almost right, see http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2008/11/17/39142

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You 3D-printed the picture from the save button!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers Thinking back to that time, I was using Sprint and had a LaserJet 2 with a font cartridge, which is probably why I don't recall them. My work in those times was proposals, documentation, CAD, and television systems design, more than software.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bill Meyer Back then I could only afford a HP DeskJet 500 inkjet printer. But I was doing work for a PostScript font production company (a subsidiary of Mecanorma called Polyvroom; they did a lot of fonts for Monotype). Later: I even blogged about it a while ago: http://wiert.me/2012/06/25/fonts-in-microsoft-products-lucida-microsoft-typography-fonts-on-other-platforms/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment