H All

H All

I am using XE8 and I cannot run the debugger on a Android device.  XE8 will install app but will not run it in debug mode.  When I compile app I get the follow message

[Warning Warning] Local file "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\14.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\prebuilt\android-arm\gdbserver\gdbserver" not found. Skipping deployment.

I see it points to Studio\14 but this should be 16.  I think it may have got screwed up during the installation or because it is an app developed in an older version.  Is there a way to change the path.  I cannot seem to find this path setting .  Can someone point me in the right direction.

Comments

  1. I found that I can run XE8 debugging on my android phone.  It would appear the the driver or permissions on the tablet are causing the problem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get message "Unable to start gdbserver on port 64311.  cant open socket permission denied"  I have rebooted tablet and tried different port.  Anyone have a solution for this.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar problem (in XE8 and XE8.1).
    Old apps developed in XE7 can be debugged in XE8.1 without problems, but any new application I create in XE8.1 cannot be debugged: the GDBserver starts but after a while it disappear without messages, the app starts in my smartphone but without being debugged ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment