RSP-9997

RSP-9997

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-9997

This is the one I am watching, but unfortunately it does not include a fix. With up to 1024 x 1024 vertices in a custom mesh, it could rotate, zoom and pan faster as I move the mouse over the viewport 3D.

In XE4:
Looking at procedure TCustomMesh.Render;
Control click to TContext3D.DrawTriangles;
Control click to TContext3D.DoDrawPrimitives, which is abstract.

(I have the FMX source included in my project already, because of the orthographic camera.)

Search in project files for DoDrawPrimitives:
FMX.Context.DX10: TDX10Context.DoDrawPrimitives
FMX.Context.Mac: TContextOpenGL.DoDrawPrimitives

Hm, not my core field of expertise.

So how difficult is it? What does it take?

I mean, if I have two versions of DoDrawPrimitives and branch to the optimised one if rotations are done, ...

There is no game loop in my application, and there is only one mesh, which can be small or big. Vertices of the mesh change often, but then the user wants to rotate the mesh and look from different angle. The result looks better with more vertices, and it is ok that it takes a while to compute. But rotations should be as fast as the platform allows.

Comments