Under Windows 8.1 64Bits on an SSD drive with XE8.0

Under Windows 8.1 64Bits on an SSD drive with XE8.0

When I change a component source code, Delphi do not take it into account. I have to "rebuild" the project to have code up to date. Of course I have to build de package to update the component in the IDE, but in older version of Delphi, it worked. 

BTW, when I do not change the project source at all, Delphi still compile the project (but not the registered components). it's a waste of time, especially for mobile project.

Comments

  1. I think this has nothing to do with SSD, Windows 8.1 or XE8. You need to add the component's source path to your project's search path. This way the component source will always recompiled into your project while the IDE package remains unchanged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DPR contains an explicit path to this unit with the "in" keyword.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER build with pacakages ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try this and let us know if it still happens: Clear out DCU files. Restart Delphi. Try agaun If it still fails, recreate the project file and repeat the above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, nobody else experiment this problem ?

    At least the second point. I'm working on  a peer2peer project. Sometime I need to start the application twice, and debug the second instance. I used (under Delphi 6) to start the application outside the IDE, then start it from the IDE to debug this second process. But XE8 always compiles the project and complains about locked file even with a freshly compiled project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After a crash (Ctrl + click on a class) and a restart, I don't have the problem anymore...I'll try to figure how to reproduce this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've no virus scanner, but renaming the file is also my workaround.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment