I am using column properties in the TClientDataset to contain a few important items, such as the desired display caption for the column, the display format, and so on. The problem is, I need to stream the datasets to XML and pass the XML to a different module, a DLL, and I have found that those properties are not in the stream. At present, the caller is in D2007 and the called routine is in a DLL written in XE7.

I am using column properties in the TClientDataset to contain a few important items, such as the desired display caption for the column, the display format, and so on.  The problem is, I need to stream the datasets to XML and pass the XML to a different module, a DLL, and I have found that those properties are not in the stream. At present, the caller is in D2007 and the called routine is in a DLL written in XE7.

Does anyone here know of an existing customized version which would handle the problem?

Comments

  1. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers Well, I have egg on my face. I realized I made an error in my little test program which left me thinking that the DFM worked as I need. Having repaired the error, I now see that when I load from DFM to another CDS, I get the default properties, not the specifically set properties which were supposed to have been written to the DFM.

    On further experimentation, it seems that properties which were set in the Object Inspector are not streamed, and those set in code before I copy to DFM are. This puzzles me; it is as though the custom values of the altered properties were now being treated by streaming as though they were defaults?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you set them in the FieldDefs or in the Fields?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers In the fields, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment