In case anyone doesn't care much about most of the Welcome Page and likes to have more space available for recent projects and favorites in XE8, download this zip: http://www.raabe-software.de/download/StrippedWelcomepage.zip

In case anyone doesn't care much about most of the Welcome Page and likes to have more space available for recent projects and favorites in XE8, download this zip: http://www.raabe-software.de/download/StrippedWelcomepage.zip
Make a backup of the Welcomepage folder in your XE8 program folder and place the files contained in the zip into that location.
I have to admit that I am not an CSS expert. So if anyone is willing to improve it - go on and share your results.
BTW, the welcome page likes to mess up sometimes - pressing F5 should correct it.
http://www.raabe-software.de/download/StrippedWelcomepage.zip

Comments

  1. Heinz Toskano Tested in XE8.1 only. As the Welcome Page changed significantly in XE7 and the favorites came with XE8.1 recently, I doubt that it will work for an IDE below that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uwe Raabe It does not work. It's empty after I start Delphi (I had projects in it before) but also it shows nothing after I open a project and close it (I expect it to show up in recent projects)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stefan Glienke Strange! I should have mentioned in the first place that it is supposed to work in XE8.1 only. Did you perhaps test it with another version?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stefan Glienke OK, then it is possible that I wasn't clear enough with the installation process. The zip contains only those files that are different to the standard XE8.1 Welcomepage folder. The other files have to stay in place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uwe Raabe lol I guess that's it. I just renamed the WelcomePage folder and placed the one from the zip there ;D

    Edit: Ok, it works now. But I cannot add more than 8 projects to the favorites. Man, this new welcome page is so crappy that it hurts. Before I could put my favs into categories and collapse those that I don't access that often I now we are left with this shitty casual version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, what works best? Take the WelcomePage folder from my XE and put it into the XE8 folder - done, favs are working, day saved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stefan Glienke who needs more than 8 projects anyway :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. At work we have an IDE plugin which just adds a main menu item with shortcuts to our primary projects, hard coded. Simple and handy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still do not get the benefit of using the XE8 WelcomePage instead of the XE7 WelcomePage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment