Is there a trick to using regular expressions in Delphi's Find In Files? I want to find two words on the same line - SetLength and MyArray. "SetLength*MyArray" return no results, when searching for MyArray alone shows, scanning by eye, several lines that would seem to match: "SetLength ( MyArray" or "SetLength(Foo.MyArray".

Is there a trick to using regular expressions in Delphi's Find In Files? I want to find two words on the same line - SetLength and MyArray.  "SetLength*MyArray" return no results, when searching for MyArray alone shows, scanning by eye, several lines that would seem to match: "SetLength ( MyArray" or "SetLength(Foo.MyArray".

The Delphi Help seems to indicate the syntax works as I'd expect, and my memory from last time I used regular expressions in a Delphi search - maybe three or four years ago - is that * was a wildcard too.  This is in XE7.0.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE7/en/Regular_Expressions

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

  1. David Millington​ Like Mason said, the only way to validate is to send an email. All I do for a sanity check is look for an @-symbol that's in the middle somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's only one thing wrong in the article, don't ask  the email twice ! your browser already knows your email, you don't have to type it at all !

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Millington I'm exclusively using GExperts' grep function to search in files. Made Ctrl-F the GExperts grep hotkey and never looked back. I feel much more comfortable with it than with the Delphi native search and RegExes work the way I understand them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment