VCL TImageList and PNG images.

VCL TImageList and PNG images.

I can't believe that in Delphi VCL I've no capability to insert PNG images in a TImageList (not even in XE8). Of course I mean real use of PNG with alphablend and transparency no PNG loaded and converted in BMP with black background. For years to solve the problem I use PNGComponents. They work fine but I don't like how they patches at low level the TImageList methods (I'm trying to solve an annoying random invalid pointer operation in my app and my target from debugging is becaming TPngImageList). Is it really so hard to modify basic VCL components like TImageList, TSpeedButton, TBitButton to work with PNG glyphs avoiding use of third parties?

Comments

  1. Marco Cantù simply buy DX? Could be one solution ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly a slightly expensive one... If we add those $600 to each license, you wont' be happy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a new component pack which has been added to TurboPack ( https://github.com/TurboPack ) called PNGComponents ( scroll down the list ). It has a PNGImageList in there. This might be the answer ?? Not tried it, but it looks like a possibility.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment