Hey guys
Hey guys,
A strange thing is occurring as my package library, I am targeting only Android and iOS, but every time I reopen the project in RAD Studio XE8.1 it adds Windows 32-bit as a target, but I don't want it and I don't know how to stop it from doing that.
:D
A strange thing is occurring as my package library, I am targeting only Android and iOS, but every time I reopen the project in RAD Studio XE8.1 it adds Windows 32-bit as a target, but I don't want it and I don't know how to stop it from doing that.
:D
Go to Tools|Environment Variables. Check that Platform value in the User Overrides is empty.
ReplyDeleteDan Statham Many thanks :D I did it and I realized that Platform value is empty but the Delphi IDE remains adding 32-bit Windows to Target Platforms :(
ReplyDeleteMarco Cantù Do you have some help? Thanks in advance :D
ReplyDeleteA package library cannot target mobile, AFAICT. It is "illegal" to have late binding modules (.so) on iOS.
ReplyDeleteMarco Cantù Many thanks, but so how do I create reusable Delphi components targeting mobile platforms, like packages? Is it possible distribute them through GetIt? Thanks in advance :D
ReplyDeleteYou can create package and install the components in the Windows IDE. When you build for mobile, the units are linked into the application (which is also an option on Win). An Win you can sue runtime packages as an option (this isn't .NET...) on mobile you cannot.
ReplyDeleteMarco Cantù Thanks a lot :D, your tip was amazing and worked pretty well :D I have just one more question, how do I stop the IDE from adding 32-bit Windows as a target for my package? I want to target only Android because I will play with ARC. Thanks in advance :D
ReplyDeleteI don't think there is a way. if are using the package to add components at design time, they need to work on Windows (non ARC). if you don't need design time components, there is no real need to create a package...
ReplyDelete