How can I use DSharp with XE8? I tried to install the XE7 package, but it broke an IDE.

Comments

  1. What do you mean, it broke the IDE?  Can you be more specific?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason Wheeler
    An IDE can't run because of unsuitable bpl's. It runs only when I disable those bpl's via XE8Distiller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason Wheeler
    (The same thing happened when I tried to install Spring4D 1.1. But at that time I just switched to the master branch, and it worked.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What BPLs are the IDE complaining about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mason Wheeler
    Maybe I can use it without installing? Should I just put something in uses and create at runtime?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, as Jeroen said, show us the errors.  To put it bluntly, "it doesn't work" is the least useful phrase in the history of error reporting.

    The system isn't "not working," it's not "breaking," it's doing something other than what you expect.  But until we know what it is doing, specifically, it's very difficult for any of us to help you figure out how to make it stop doing that and do what you're expecting instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone obviously had the brilliant idea to rename the Virtual Treeview package for XE8 in GetIt. That is why the dependency in the DSharp TreeViewPresenter package is wrong. When you have the VTV from GetIt it needs to be VirtualTreesDR (instead of VirtualTreesR as before).
    I just pushed the XE8 packages that work with the GetIt version of the VTV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe Roman Kassebaum can do something concerning VTV in GetIt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stefan Glienke
    I had this brilliant idea. Since the TurboPack libs support Delphi an BCB we need a suitable naming convention.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roman Kassebaum Changing naming convention was a bad move imho. Especially since your getit version is not compatible with the one Joachim is developing (but let's not discuss this here). Please figure this out so it does not break compatibility.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stefan Glienke
    I will see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stefan Glienke
    Thank you for adding XE8 package. Now I can run the IDE, but if I try to open DSharp samples, it displays the error:
    https://habrastorage.org/files/5ab/b15/a82/5abb15a82b9d46ab9d0bafad7c0625c7.png
    Also I can't compile Sample4 (DSharp.Core.Events not found), Sample6 (because there is "Undeclared identifier: 'ExpressionStack'" in DSharp.Core.Variants), Sample7 & Sample8 (for the same reason as Sample6). Ok - then I close IDE and I can't run it again:
    https://habrastorage.org/files/2d8/e64/ecf/2d8e64ecf4954f509b242bf7d4affee0.png
    Now the problem bpl is dclDataBindingsVCL220.bpl (I think I can't compile those samples for the same reason)
    I also tried to do the same in XE and got the same result ("it is not a design time package").
    All the above refers to /feature/spring4d-compatibility branch of DSharp. Also I have spring4d (master branch) installed (if it matters).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment