I use this all the time, especially when installing components. It will index everything on your hard drive (it indexes without being noticed, at least I haven't noticed it), and unlike Windows 7, 8.x or 10 search functionality will actually find what you're looking for. You can open file at path, as well as many other options. Great for duplicate dcu's created in error, or when you click to navigate and Delphi won't find the unit you're looking for, or when "dcu" not found type of problems. I need to find an avatar with this thing now that won't scare everyone! ;)

I use this all the time, especially when installing components.  It will index everything on your hard drive (it indexes without being noticed, at least I haven't noticed it), and unlike Windows 7, 8.x or 10 search functionality will actually find what you're looking for.  You can open file at path, as well as many other options.   Great for duplicate dcu's created in error, or when you click to navigate and Delphi won't find the unit you're looking for, or when "dcu" not found type of problems.   I need to find an avatar with this thing now that won't scare everyone! ;)
http://www.voidtools.com/

Comments

  1. Roger that, Curt. I have been using for years!
    Highly configurable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried it a few years ago, but without indexing the file contents it's of limited use for me. If it at least could index text files (Delphi sources).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this tool 100 times a day.  At least.  Constantly.  Can't recommend it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only been introduced to it lately (within the last 12 months) but I have already converted people at work to it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the developers at Gateway use it.  I can't imagine getting anything done without it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been using this so long I can't remember when I started. I can second that this application is not a resource hog, it is indeed unnoticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys must  like Listary if you like Search Everthing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment