This is off topic, since it's to do with C++ Builder, but it is very cool news. The C++Builder 32-bit compiler has been out of date for a long time, while the 64-bit compiler has been based on Clang and supporting far more modern C++. This is a "new" 32bit compiler, bringing both up to the same modern tech - my guess is it's the 64-bit compiler now supporting 32bit - and supporting modern C++ language standards. (Not C++14 yet, but a good sight better than it used to be.) I use C++ and I have been wanting to see the 64-bit Clang compiler ported back to 32bit for ages, which I think this is. I am legitimately very excited.

This is off topic, since it's to do with C++ Builder, but it is very cool news.  The C++Builder 32-bit compiler has been out of date for a long time, while the 64-bit compiler has been based on Clang and supporting far more modern C++.  This is a "new" 32bit compiler, bringing both up to the same modern tech - my guess is it's the 64-bit compiler now supporting 32bit - and supporting modern C++ language standards.  (Not C++14 yet, but a good sight better than it used to be.)  I use C++ and I have been wanting to see the 64-bit Clang compiler ported back to 32bit for ages, which I think this is.  I am legitimately very excited.

The point is that Embarcadero is doing some very nice stuff this release, and I wouldn't want this particular thing to be missed just because it's not Delphi.  It is fantastic.

http://community.embarcadero.com/write-blog-post/entry/coming-soon-to-c-builder-standard-c-11-for-win32
http://community.embarcadero.com/write-blog-post/entry/coming-soon-to-c-builder-standard-c-11-for-win32

Comments

  1. I am wondering whether the new Win32 C++ compiler will be ARC-enabled :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment