Hello!

Hello!

WHAT THE BLOODY F.$££&£$$!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so, changing the field type from WIDESTRING to STRING did the trick.

Now remains to be seen whether "String" is correct or not, i.e. if it stores the data internally as ANSI or Unicode.

WTF!!!

A

[ORIGINAL]
I think the incoming question is telling of how often I use data-aware controls :D

So, follow these steps:

- New project
-Drop a TDBListBox, TDBEdit, TDataSource and TClientDataset on a form
- Create a field called "Value" in the CDS
-  Create the dataset
- Hook everything up
- Add some items to the db listbox
- Add a button
- In the button code, add  a show message to show the CDS's value
- Run
- Select an item in the db listbox
Now, I would expect the same value to show in the TDBEdit and, if you press the button, I expect to see the value coming from the CDS.

This is not so.

I have tried in the following:

- BDS2006
- XE
- XE 8
- Seattle

I am clearly not doing something I should be doing.
What is it?

Thanks!

A

Comments