Hi, We have just got Delphi 10 Seattle Ent. as an upgrade for XE7 Ent. I am trying to open Windows projects created XE7 and the forms end up with an XP style/appearance !! I have opened up several projects and they all look like this ??. When I create a new Windows application with DX and run it the visual components look as they should.

Hi, We have just got Delphi 10 Seattle Ent. as an upgrade for XE7 Ent. I am trying to open Windows projects created XE7 and the forms end up with an XP style/appearance !! I have opened up several projects and they all look like this ??. When I create a new Windows application with DX and run it the visual components look as they should. 

Has anyone come across this? Is there a simple fix?

Comments

  1. I think it has something to do with the changes in the manifest file.
    Try messing with the options under Project Options -> Application -> Manifest File. F.e. you could enable runtime themes.

    If that doesn't work, try deleting the manifest (backup first) from the project folder so that it'll be recreated from D10.

    If even that doesn't work, you could try creating a new project and adding the existing units to it, build it and see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apostolis Tympakianakis Thank you ! sorted !

    I felt like some kind of untrained monkey doing that. These are settings I don't normally mess with. FYI ( and anyone else ) if you enable Project Options -> Application -> Manifest File => Enable Runtime Themes it all just works.

    I tend not to use the themes and instead let it default to the currently installed Windows look and feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony Danby We all did, before D10.
    I think these settings were introduced with D10, but I might be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony Danby Actually, you are using themes, but not using styles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Heffernan I take it the "theme" would default to a native windows theme if I did not specify anything ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tony Danby Without the comctl32 v6 manifest (runtime themes disabled) you get what is known as Windows Classic. That's the Win98/Win2k look. With the comctl c6 manifest (runtime themes enabled) you get what was originally known as XP themes but should now just be called themes.  With VCL styles selected you get a shit load of bugs VCL styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David Heffernan Thank you for the explanation ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment