We bought Delphi 10 Seattle Ent. edition. It's great ( but then I would say that ). Just a couple of niggles. Firstly, as my company paid top dollar for this I don't expect to see adverts in the Welcome page, really I don't care what Embarcadero's excuse is, there is no excuse. Here is how to get rid of it:

We bought Delphi 10 Seattle Ent. edition. It's great ( but then I would say that ). Just a couple of niggles. Firstly, as my company paid top dollar for this I don't expect to see adverts in the Welcome page, really I don't care what Embarcadero's excuse is, there is no excuse. Here is how to get rid of it:

1. Go to to your Welcome page folder. In mine, it was at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Welcomepage. As mine is a UK install I also went to the en sub-folder.

2. Now edit the default.htm file:

3. Comment out the topbanner section with

4. Go to the function setFrameHeight() and change height -= 184; to height -= 84; This sorts out the gap at the bottom caused by removing the topbanner

The second niggle is the "childish" ( IMO ) colour scheme. I edited a new registry ( .reg ) file and stuck the following into it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\17.0\ModernTheme]
"FontName"="Segoe UI"
"FontSize"=dword:00000009
"MainToolBarColor"="clBtnFace"

This will set the font back to the size it was on XE7 ( I might wear glasses, but I am not Mr Magoo ) and the colour back to good old Battleship Grey !!

Comments