Yesterday I was bitten by the "enhanced anti-piracy measures" in the Delphi Seattle IDE.

Yesterday I was bitten by the "enhanced anti-piracy measures" in the Delphi Seattle IDE. I am a legit, paying customer who has been on subscription for years. I was enjoying Seattle very much until this. Marco Cantù I upvoted
https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-10189 . Also posted this in the forum:

"The IDE shut down WITHOUT SAVING MY WORK, replacing itself with a web browser at Embarcadero's site telling me my license could not be validated. It restarted and worked fine. Thankfully I am neurotic about hitting ctrl-c and was able to put back what I lost easily enough.
It is really hard to understand the mentality that says it is okay to take a chance at ruining a paying customer's workflow by unceremoniously closing the IDE on him. I have no problem with activation, but clearly their "enhanced anti-piracy techniques" are very fallible and it is just foolish to take the chance at harming the work of your customer. Give me a big red warning that says I will lose IDE functionality in a week (HEY, IT'S A WEEKEND AND THE CHAT WINDOW ON THE PIRACY PAGE IS CLOSED!), and let me be sure I can get it worked out. But dumping me out of my project like that? Insane."

Comments