Is there an offical place where I can post some feature requests?

Is there an offical place where I can post some feature requests?
I asked that question already on the offical community.embarcadero.com site, but nobody wanted to answer. By the way, that site is very slow and strange. When I submit a post, I get always the questions: "Do you want to leave that page" or "stay on page" (german translation, firefox). Very bad user experiance!

My feature requests:
* Bring back the modal Search dialog. Please!!!!
* Bring back the modal IDE Insight dialog. Please!!! The old dialog coulded be configured and it was much easier to use. If you have a big monitor it hurts my eyes when all the time I have to focus the right upper corner!!!! The same with the search dialog!!!!
* Possibility to disable the Castalia features. Hey, they are not working properly and CnPack has the same features but much more efficiently!!!

I realy felt angry, when I had to use that productivity reductions!

Comments

  1. Marco Cantù regarding IDE Insight, the original design was clearly better in my view as I want the search box to be my centre of attention - it doesn't matter it's obscuring the code editor, because the things I'm searching for with IDE Insight aren't code editor related. Apple apparently came to a similar conclusion with Spotlight (i.e., system search) in OS X, given how a few versions back Spotlight search results were moved from popping up at the top right of the screen to popping up front and centre.

    Also, and regarding aesthetics... I can't say adopting Windows 2000-era window transparency options exactly made IDE Insight look more 'modern'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Heffernan These are VERY GOOD suggestions. I fully agree with adding features and capabilities to search, and making it easier. Getting it to the Visual Studio level is a goal I'd back 100%. We'll do some analysis and planning around this.

    Markus Ja For direct typing (no enter) just use Ctrl+E. Has been in the product since Delphi 1. Uses the same UI of search (actually a slightly different one), but different behavior and does search as you type.

    Chris Rolliston For the IDE insight box position we can consider... I don't dislike how it is now, but I see your point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FWIW, I'm with Chris on IDE insight. I much prefer the old version

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment