Anyone else experiencing a slowness in #Seattle Update 1 when closing a unit or the whole project? Something similar happens when you rename units in the project manager. Closing the Welcome page seems to cure it.

Anyone else experiencing a slowness in #Seattle  Update 1 when closing a unit or the whole project? Something similar happens when you rename units in the project manager. Closing the Welcome page seems to cure it.
In addition I have an incredibly long pause when starting Delphi. The splash screen says "all designtime packages loaded" and IDEFixPack is on 100%. CPU load for bds.exe is 0%. Up to now I wasn't able to get rid of this.

Comments

  1. Yes, I already commented on the other post that mentioned it by David Berneda  over here: https://plus.google.com/+DavidBerneda/posts/e2mbSTWWxMC

    Uwe Raabe What you describe is exactly what I am experiencing today. The longer I work on my project (a package and a unit test project, around 30k LOC) - and I am talking about an hour or two the slower the IDE gets.

    And I think you are on the right track with the welcome page. Scanning through the JS code there gives me some impression why it is slowing down things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's the welcome page, you could try to replace it with a simple static HTML page and see whether it cures it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have forwarded this to the IDE team for investigation. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thomas Mueller Thanks, but I replaced the original Welcome Page with the one from Daniel Wolf. This or simply closing the Welcome Page solves the slowness as described. Alas, it didn't help for the massive startup delay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here but I as I wrote in the David Berneda post I experienced this issue also without upd1. I just tested the Uwe Raabe advise and it seems that closing the welcome page things are going much better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment