Delighted to pay the coder who can successfully interface SendAnywhere for iOS with Delphi. Our Android implementation works smoothly. Unfortunately, neither Estmob (makes of SendAnywhere) or Embarcadero Technologies (Rad Studio Firemonkey) have been of any value in solving the challenge.

Delighted to pay the coder who can successfully interface SendAnywhere for iOS with Delphi. Our Android implementation works smoothly. Unfortunately, neither Estmob (makes of SendAnywhere) or Embarcadero Technologies (Rad Studio Firemonkey) have been of any value in solving the challenge.

The instructions from Estmob are minimal. Our programmer's communication to Estmob:

"Your iOS SDK requires using:
- SystemConfiguration.framework
- CoreTelephony.framework
- libstdc++.dylib
- libz.dylib

Apple doesn't allow using dynamic libraries in IOS apps. I'm using Rad Studio Firemonkey. There's no way to use dylibs for IOS in Rad Studio.
I need some static instances of these libraries (libstdc++.a, libz.a). Could you prompt me how can I get static variants of these libraries? Are there any workarounds or other ways to solve the problem?
I've searched available material. It states it's not possible to link dylib statically. Suggestions?"

We've contacted Estmob and Embarcadero (including their communities) but no insight.
-------------------
So here's a thousand dollar ($1,000.00) reward for the programmer who can provide a solid solution.
-------------------
Task: successfully interface SendAnywhere for iOS with Delphi.
Finished code must run satisfactorily on iPhone and iPad.

Who want's the money? PM if interested.

Comments

  1. Douglas Rudd Hi Douglas! Sorry for the reply delay. I've detail describe this issue here. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33549619/how-to-use-dylib-for-ios-firemonkey
    I would be appreciate if you will help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denis Petrov Wait a minute. What in the world are you doing anyway? I looked up Send Anywhere by ESTmob, and its an iPhone app that sends files. What does that have to do with your Delphi app? I dont see anything about other apps being able to use Send Anywhere in their own app.

    As for libz.dylib and others, this code here works without problem in IOS.

    function zlibVersion: MarshaledAString; cdecl;
      external '/usr/lib/libz.dylib' name 'zlibVersion';

    procedure TForm12.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
    begin
     label1.Text:= zlibVersion;
    end;

    I got it from the Delphi file "system.zlib", which is in your Delphi source.

    I dont have to use LoadLibrary because it must be automatically loaded beforehand when any app starts up.

    You can see in your event log in Delphi that millions of dylibs are automatically loaded in IOS at the beginning of app start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denis Petrov OK, now I see they do have an 'API' for sending and receiving files that you can use.

    I think you can ignore where it lists libstdc++.dylib and libz.dylib. I think the Objective-C code will find them anyway.

    Unless you have the Objective-C part figured out already, if it was me, I would use the WEB api using the Delphi Indy components. You are just sending a web url with parameters. It would be the same for both IOS and Android.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment