I'm struggling against a strane behaviour I first met in DXE2.

I'm struggling against a strane behaviour I first met in DXE2.
Whenever I launch Delphi and open a project, I get a message about components not installed while those are really installed. This happens each time I launch Delphi and open that project.
In order to avoid this, I had to:
- launch delphi
- create a new vcl form
- place those "missing" components on the form and save it
- open the project firing that message

Now, each time I open Delphi, firstly I must open that single form and after I can open the project I need to work on.

How do I solve this?

Comments

  1. Doesn't happen to me. Can this be reproduced?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have two copies of the design time components BPLs (or something along these lines) on the library path, one is built against the correct run time components, and the "wrong one" is being referenced first giving you the startup error.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a screen shot and put it here to show the problem. Does the error message tell you which components ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use Process Monitor to see what packages are loaded when

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment