Why i need Delphi 7 active.

Why i need Delphi 7 active.
I needed to research some thing with the
SynEdit D4Demo.
When i used Delphi XE to compile
i found that SynPythonSyn1 was missing although it was
written in the type of the form.
So i // it and tried to put the TSynPythonSyn component
but the Delphi XE did not allow me. some thing with the string list.
I made sure it was not on the dfm.
Nothing doing.
So i went to the backed up source of D4Demo
loaded it to Delphi 7 fixed some errors.
Deleted the component and installed it again.
It works.
Same source different Delphi's

Comments

  1. I hop you are joking since i am in pascal even before the visual not to say Delphi 1.
    Sorry i do not mean to offend just convey information.
    Just a strange behuviour of XE

    ReplyDelete
  2. shlomo abuisak I'm not joking. I don't understand why would you need 7 when you try to solve a problem in XE. Can you please better explain that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeroen Wiert Pluimers If you have XE try to load SynEdit D4Demo.
    I do not know other IDE but in MY XE the SynPythonSyn1 component is not shown but is in the type of the form.
    P.S i have an up to date synedit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used 7 to make sure the demo is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. shlomo abuisak ok, thanks for the explanation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment