Abbrevia 3.04 ( Delphi 5 ) and TZip ( Delphi 10 Seattle ):

Abbrevia 3.04 ( Delphi 5 ) and TZip ( Delphi 10 Seattle ):

Guys

I am trying to create an application that compresses with the TAbZipper component ( Abbrevia 3.04 in Delphi 5 Ent. ). The resultant Zip file is then shoved into a Blob field on a SQL Server table.

Then I need to have a corresponding application that uses TZip in Delphi 10 Seattle to extract the Blob and then extract the single file that is inside the Zip.

My Delphi 10 application fails at the point of the Zip extraction. I thought ( naively maybe ) that these 2 components would be compatible with each other as they both report to be PKZip compatible, but I am guessing it is the compression method.

Firstly : Can anyone confirm what the problem actually is ( my debug log report the error simply as : 12:39:21.956, Critical, Exception in RunDatabaseAlerts [Operation aborted], which tells me sweet FA.

Secondly : Has anyone had operational experience of Abbrevia 10.0 which is offered in the GetIt package manager and does anyone know if this is more likely to be compatible?

Also, is Abbrevia something that will be deprecated over time as TZip does the same thing? Or is this not the case.

Comments