Don't know this is possible. If so please tell me how and if not please make it possible in a future delphi version.

Don't know this is possible. If so please tell me how and if not please make it possible in a future delphi version.

I have a public procedure Foo ; virtual ; abstract on a base class and a lot derived classes implementing Foo.

I want to split the functionality so I get a new public procedure Foo and
the protected procedures BeforeFoo; DoFoo; and AfterFoo;

I could use the refactor tool to rename Foo to DoFoo and add a new public procedure Foo;

Now comes the question :

Can I use some refactor tool to move DoFoo to the protected section in all my derived classes so the callers of DoFoo won't compile so I can change the callers to use Foo.


update :

found some alternative - still have to do it manually - gexperts combined with MMX

Comments