dzDeleteProp 1.0.0 released

dzDeleteProp 1.0.0 released

dzDeleteProp is a small tool I just wrote, that deletes configurable properties from all Delphi .dfm files in a given directory and optionally its subdirectories.

The reason for such a tool is backwards compatibility to older Delphi versions, e.g. Delphi 6 does not know about ExplicitWidth and ExplicitHeight, which Delphi 2007 and above insist on putting into the .dfm files no matter what.
http://blog.dummzeuch.de/2016/01/17/dzdeleteprop-1-0-0-released/

Comments

  1. So you re-invented the wheel, again. ;-)
    Let me guess: The existing tools had a serious design flaw: NIH

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has something to do with that, but really, I needed such a till because GExperts and Delphi 6 were annoying the shit out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DDevExtensions already has the ability to remove Explicit* properties, so what is the flaw with it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy Sill That is already included in GExperts "Set Component Properties". From the Docs: "This tool is useful to deactivate datasets or database connections before you compile your applications, "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniela Osterhagen LOL
    I had stability problems with ddevextensions in Delphi 2007. Andy even sent me a special version that didn't have that problem, but that had some other problem (which I don't remember :-( ) so I stopped using it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thomas Mueller D2007 has many challenges, to be sure. Working in it every day, I can sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniela Osterhagen Ah, that explains things better - thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment