Experimental GExperts Version 1.38 2016-01-09 released
Experimental GExperts Version 1.38 2016-01-09 released
New year, new GExperts ;-)
http://blog.dummzeuch.de/2016/01/09/experimental-gexperts-version-1-38-2016-01-09-released/
New year, new GExperts ;-)
http://blog.dummzeuch.de/2016/01/09/experimental-gexperts-version-1-38-2016-01-09-released/
While a '...' isn't always compulsory next to a edit that shows a file name, I do not know - Nice work!
ReplyDeleteIt's not an edit but a panel with a label on it. But you are right, that would often be really helpful.
ReplyDeleteThomas Mueller Do you know when GExperts will move V1.38 out of the Beta stage for Seattle ?
ReplyDeleteThomas Mueller Label/edit - you know what I mean :)
ReplyDeleteRichard Baroniunas It will never go out of beta - Thomas Mueller is having to much fun with it ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhat Nicholas Ring says ;-)
ReplyDeleteSeriously: I have no idea. Given that my latest changes were to the base code of GExperts not just to the formatter expert and introduced new features rather than just being bug fixes I guess it will revert to beta for the older Delphi versions as well. But on the other hand I'm not making those decisions.
Erik could simply go back to the code as it was before I was "having fun" with it, declare it to be stable and make a final release.
My own version is what the name says: Experimental. If you break it, you get to keep the pieces. ;-)
Thomas Mueller I was only joking... ok, half joking ;-)
ReplyDeleteThomas under SeattlePro at Win10 during start up the message about missing icons dir is coming and if I use the bookmark tool during exit of RAD Studio I got a closed loop of message windows without any information.
ReplyDeleteThe only way is to shutdown RAD Studio with the TaskManager
Karlheinz Jansen Do you use the tool with a floating or a docked window? I just tried to reproduce the problem but didn't see it.
ReplyDeleteThe error about the missing icon is something I had totally forgotten, for now you can simply turn off the message without any adverse effects.
Karlheinz Jansen apparently with a floating window. I could just reproduce it. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThomas Mueller Is the screenshotted bookmarks part of GExperts new?
ReplyDeleteDavid Millington so you didn't read my blogpost, did you?
ReplyDelete"OK, I lied, there is more:
A new Expert shows the bookmarks set in the currently active editor view plus some context. You can double click on the list to jump to these bookmarks or use context menu to add, edit or delete bookmarks."
Thomas Mueller I did, but I wondered if it was really new since I'm sure I remember one of the two big open-source plugins (maybe it was CnPack) having a bookmarks list. I remember disliking it, which is why I wrote Bookmarks. I'm surprised you wrote a third one after those two! (You're always welcome to send in feature requests if there's something Bookmarks doesn't do. It's free.)
ReplyDeleteDavid Millington It was more a matter of playing around with the meagre ToolsAPI functionality for bookmarks and wondering what I can do with it (not much, it turned out, even though I think displaying some context was a good idea). There already was some code for temporarily storing the bookmarks (as well as the breakpoints) while reformatting a unit. I was thinking about using the API of your plugin first but then thought it might not be a good idea to make GExperts rely on third party software, even if it is free.
ReplyDeleteI understand that. Vaguely thinking of open-sourcing one day, but I've built a huge amount of infrastructure wrapping the ToolsAPI - I want to release some more commercial plugins first.
ReplyDeleteAdding source code previews to the Bookmarks list is on my todo list. I already have my own source code syntax highlighter (used in Navigator) so it should be quite simple.
GExperts already uses SynEdit, so I could have added source code highlighting, but I was too lazy. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThank you Thomas!!
ReplyDeleteThomas Mueller ĺmñññj4 hl22baking o9o
ReplyDelete