Question's updated at the end of the post - Out of curiosity, just noticed the SO job listings and I used each of the language names in the TIOBE index those are positioned below Delphi/Pascal as keywords to search for jobs, I got results for all of them except delphi and MATLAB... update 1: Findings like this made me think that the TIOBE index maybe is not reflecting the actual polarities of the languages...

Question's updated at the end of the post - Out of curiosity, just noticed the SO job listings and I used each of the language names in the TIOBE index those are positioned below Delphi/Pascal as keywords to search for jobs, I got results for all of them except delphi and MATLAB... update 1: Findings like this made me think that the TIOBE index maybe is not reflecting the actual polarities of the languages... 
http://stackoverflow.com/jobs?searchTerm=pascal

Comments

  1. It means that TIOBE is not related to job offers. (I just have a deja vu)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It means that stackoverflow currently does not offer any Delphi and MATLAB jobs.
    That was easy, any more questions? ;-)

    Actually, I suggested using stackoverflow the last time we were looking for a Delphi developer, but management refused. One reason was that we needed somebody with good German language skills which seemed unlikely on an international site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas Mueller I didn't state my question well, updated now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edwin Yip Bother TIOBE and StackOverflow are biased in terms of languages, just with different bias :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment